I’m always on the lookout for ways to put my iPhone to better use. Below are five applications that I downloaded from the App Store and use regularly, if not every day:
- Evernote – This is my most used and favorite free app. It’s almost like a mini-filing system that I can access from an iPad, Mac, or any PC.
- TurboScan – I blogged about this software in my other March 4th post and, like Evernote, use it several times a day.
- Flixster – This is my favorite app to check movie showtimes, read reviews, and watch trailers. It has saved me on countless occasions from going to mediocre movies that I would otherwise regret paying to see.
- Twitter – I use this micro-blog to store my favorite quotes. It’s almost like a mini-journal that my daughters can look back on one day.
- Beat the Traffic – If you live in a high traffic area, this app is great because it allows you to see which roads are congested and take an alternate route. In many areas, there are cameras posted which allows users to look at the roads themselves and make real-time decisions. How cool is that?
Although I am a techie at heart, these apps are so easy to learn that even a novice could use them. I know because more times than I can count, that novice has been me. And with every mastered experience, I reached the same conclusion: When the person who is standing in the way of progress is you (or me), maybe it’s time to move; because when we step outside our comfort zone for long enough, we’ll see that we belong there.